ONCOLOGY DRUG SCREENING PLATFORM – OncoPrimeTM
- The cells are well characterized including morphology, cell surface markers and mutation profile.
- Functional assays like migration, invasion, sphere forming assays etc. can be performed.
- We also have access to and culture adjacent non-malignant control sample where available.
- Normal healthy samples are also available from cosmetic surgeries e.g., breast, skin etc.
Cancer Hallmarks that we can target for follow-up mechanism of action studies
Saarum Sciences is well equipped with resources and equipment required for any mechanism of action (MOA) assays to be performed using these precious diseased / healthy primary cells. We can dissect mechanism of action using various technology platforms available with us.
- Sustaining proliferative signaling
- Evading growth suppressors
- Avoiding immune destruction
- Enabling replcative immortality
- Tumor promoting inflammation
- Activating invasion & metastasis
- Inducing angiogenesis
- Genome instability & mutations
- Resisting cell death
- Deregulating cellular energetics
**Adapted from Hanahan D., Weinberg R.A. Cell. 2011
Advantages of OncoPrimeTM
- Primary cell panels derived from patient samples for various tumor types*
- Short term cultures retaining clinically relevant features of the disease including heterogeneity, proliferation rate and gene expression profiles
- Provides for clinical variability
- Genotypic diversity
- Different disease stages spanning pre-cancerous, benign lesions to metastatic cancer
- Well characterized for driver mutations relevant to patient population
- Associated medical records of the patient for additional information